The mission of the Borough of Plum is to provide exceptional public service and safety in a manner that exceeds the needs of our residents, visitors and businesses.
Plum Borough is located in Allegheny County, approximately 13 miles east of the City of Pittsburgh in Western Pennsylvania. Plum Borough is the second largest Borough in the State of Pennsylvania comprising 29 square miles of land area and containing a population of 27,126 according to the 2010 Census.
Plum Borough was founded as Plum Township in 1788 and was one of Allegheny County's first seven townships. It was reorganized as a Borough in 1956. The historical development of Plum Borough was closely tied to the industries which developed here including coal mining, aluminum powder manufacturing and gas and oil production.
With the development of new residential neighborhoods and the expansion of existing ones, Plum Borough's population will continue to grow and there is plenty of land available for all purposes including residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural development.
Click to learn more...
Minutes & Agendas