Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
The Planning/Zoning/Code Enforcement Department coordinates and oversees all land development proposals and activities.
The Department administers all requests for subdivision, site plan, conditional use, zoning amendments, zoning changes and variances, as well as Code Enforcement.
A significant function of the Department is the issuance of permits. Permit applications are required for the following residential activities:
- Residential Building Permit is required for all new dwellings, additions, decks, porches and porch roofs, all swimming pools greater than 24” deep, spas and hot tubs, accessory structures 200 square feet and over, structural alterations, fences over 6 feet, retaining walls over 4 feet, sidewalks and driveways more than 30 inches above adjacent grade, and demolitions.
- Zoning certificates are required for sheds detached garages, carports, pavilions, gazebos, greenhouses and pool houses under 200 square feet. Please note that there are size limitations of these structures as they relate to the acreage of your property.
- Occupancy permits are required for all residential structures whenever there is a change in ownership or residents, not more than once every 2 years regardless of the number of occupancy changes.
- Allegheny County Vacant Property Recovery Program 2016 Side Yard & Blighted Structure Program
- Complaint Form
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 1: Introduction
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 2: Physical Environment, Natural and Historic Resources
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 3: Demographics - History & Trends
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 4: Community Facilities & Services
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 5: Transportation
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 6: Housing
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 7: Economic Conditions
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 8: Land Use
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter 9: Intermunicipal Cooperation
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter Eleven: Contiguous Municipalities
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter Ten: Interrelationship of Plan Elements
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter Thirteen: Executive Summary
- Comprehensive Plan Chapter Twelve: Implementation Strategies
- EPA/DEP Stormwater Management Regulations
- Outside Agencies
- Planning Application and Information
- Storm Water Fact Sheet
- Ten Things to Prevent Stormwater Runoff
- Zoning Hearing Board Application & Information
- Zoning Map
Frequently Asked Questions
- I’m selling a home in Plum, what do I need to do?
- What can be done about the noise from a gas & drilling site near my home?
- Are there any regulations regarding Marcellus Shale drilling in Plum?
- Is there a number to call, to have the utility lines on my property marked before I dig?
- Does it matter which side of the fence faces out?